[mythtv-users] Nova-T DVB and FC4

Phil Smith phil.smith at phil-home.com
Tue Sep 27 22:27:17 UTC 2005

Hello

Thanks for the info.

I am trying a dvbscan on the command line, below is the output.

./dvbscan /home/mythtv/uk-chesterfield
scanning /home/mythtv/uk-chesterfield
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
initial transponder 578000000 0 3 0 3 0 0 0
>>> tune to:
578000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSIO
N_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
>>> tune to:
578000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSIO
N_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE (tuning failed)
WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
ERROR: initial tuning failed
dumping lists (0 services)
Done.

I have tried to use the 'scan channels' in the channel editor......but I get
a similar error (no lock).

I have checked the permissions and I get the same errors when I am runnng as
root...so I don’t think it is a permissions thing.

Can you think of anything else to try?

Phil