[mythtv-users] how to delay commercial flagging?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Tue Sep 27 19:12:33 UTC 2005

Robert Tsai [rtsai1111 at comcast.net] wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 02:22:05PM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> > I recently upgraded my mythtv box and added a second HDTV tuner
> > card, along the way, I updated to a SVN version from early September
> > (how do I find the exact SVN number anyway?). I've noticed that when
> > recording from both sources, I'm getting recordings with slight
> > pauses in them. The video will freeze and then jump a few seconds
> > forward.
> >
> > I'm wondering if this could be caused by the new feature of
> > immediate commercial flagging.  Eg, the commercial flagging job
> > starts just as soon as the recording does.  Is it possible to revert
> > to the old behaviour of just doing commercial flagging when the
> > system is totally idle?
>
> How about you enter mythtv-setup and turn off the "real-time"
> commflagging feature?

Thanks.  That's probably what I was looking for.  I'd assumed that if
there was a way to turn it off, it would be grouped with other
commflag related stuff in the frontend setup screens.  The config
split between what you can see on the frontend, and what you can see
in mythtv-setup isn't always clear...

Thanks!

Drew