[mythtv-users] S-Video Out

Lee Koloszyc teething12 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 15:46:31 UTC 2005

DSanchez wrote:

> I have a MythTV system running on Fedora core 4 and it works great.
> However, when i connect it to my tv i get scrambled picture.
>     So my video card is an ATI 7000 with s-video out.
> I have it connected to my TV and the audio works perfect
> but the video signal is scrammbled.

Which ATI driver are you using?
Also by scrambled are you able to see the image but it scrolls?

If you are using the ATI binary make sure you have
Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"   #set to correct format depending on country.

I know my ATI card defaulted to PAL at boot and it was a matter of
swapping a jumper to make it NTSC at boot.
Posting the Device and Screen secitons of your xorg.conf could also help
more.

Lee