[mythtv-users] PVR 500 and nforce2 chipset

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Tue Sep 27 03:14:15 UTC 2005

Larry K wrote:

> Is there a drop-off in picture quality going from a pair of 250s to a
> 500?  I seem to remember reading something about that.

No. They say the same thing about the 350s. I think that might have been
more associated with ivytv releases and tuner types than anything else.
But in my experience of having a 350 and a 500 in the same system is
that my 500 with type 57 Philips FQ1236A MK4 tuners destroy my 350's
type 47 LG TAPE H001F MK3 as far as picture quality. I actually think I
am going to buy another 500 and use my 350 in my desktop for fun just
because its that much worse than my 500 with 0.3.9. It takes twice as
much signal to lose the snow the the LG tuner to where it starts
matching my 500 philips tuners.

-Mike