[mythtv-users] mythburn errors: Xlib: connection to ":33.0" refused by server (?!?)

John P. Hoke john.hoke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:22:12 UTC 2005

(I only replied to Jim, replying to full list for additional input ...
oops!)

On 9/26/05, Jim Geist <velocityboy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I went through this this weekend :-)
>
> ProjectX is set up to run on Xvfb (virtual frame buffer) on :33 by the
> mythburn script. Make sure you have Xvfb installed. Sorry, I'm at work and
> don't have the link to where I got it from.
>
> <snip>
Jim

Thanks!
I do appear to have xorg-x11-Xvfb-6.8.2-37.FC4.48.1 installed on my FC4 box.
Does it have to be enabled? Sorry if I am asking quite the n00b question,
but I have not had to deal with this before :)

I am running an FC4 box using Axel's RPMs with an NVidia 5500 card ... if
that helps any

Thanks again... WAF is extremely HIGH and this would put it over the edge
(meaning I would be allowed to buy more "toys" w/out questions...)

John