[mythtv-users] MythVideo - multiple storage locations

Nick Parkinson nickparkinson at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 13:24:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

A few queries about MythVideo... i.e  how i could go
access multiple Locations, rather than just
/myth/video.

If I have a DVD-R full of avi files is there a
friendly way to access these?  Obviously the files on
my hard disk are stored in /myth/video.  However I may
want to run the avi files from the DVD/CD.

I can change the path to /cdrom in the MythVideo
settings, and then go to a console (CTRL ALT F1) and
do mount /dev/cdrom.  This allows me to access
whatever is in my DVD drive, but then I'd have to
change it back to /myth/video to get my hard drive
videos back.  In any case I cannot swithc between both
directories without messing.

1. Is there a way to access the /cdrom folder and
auto-mount it without having to pratt about like this?

Also, I have 3 other computers in the house.  How do I
mount an NTFS or FAT32 file system on my mythbox? For
example I imagine something equivalent to...

mount \\HOME_NETWORK\NICKSPC\NICK\VIDEOS

I already have Samba running - I use this to access my
mythbox from a Windows PC in a Windows environment.

2. However, how do I access a Windows PC from a
mythbox is a linux environment?  And, again, it would
be nice if I could specify multiple paths from where
MythTv could access video files from.

3. Also, Is there no way to import files from a CD/DVD
to /mythvideo from within the frontend?

4. And finally, is that IMDB thing likely to find
information for avi files of tv shows like Family Guy
for example? I assume it just interprets the folder
and filename of the avi files?

Thanks in advance for any help

VIA MII EPIA 1.2ghz
WinTV Nova-T
Casetronic
C137 Travla Mini-ITX Case
100GB 2.5" HD
Optical Slimline DVDRW
Knoppmyth R5A16
Tv-out using SVIDEO from VIA motherboard