[mythtv-users] UID/Password?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 08:47:33 UTC 2005

> mythfilldatabase on a new install gives me an "Authorization Failed".  Do I
> need a user name and password to get schedules into my box?  What might
> those be?  Or is there a different method to get schedules to download?

Mythfilldatabase inserts your program details into the MySQL database.
You need to first run a separate grabber (usually called tv_grab_xx
where xx is your country) to download the data in XML format which
mythfilldatabase uploads. As it has to log onto MySQL then, yes, you
do need a username & password.

I think this is usually maintained in a file called mysql.txt in your
.mythtv directory. You need to make sure the username and password are
correct in there, I think. For example, mine says:

DBHostName=localhost
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=xxxxxxxxxxxx
DBName=mythconverg