[mythtv-users] Transcoding one recording into multiple segments

William Pettersson enigma at strudel-hound.com
Sun Sep 25 23:32:37 UTC 2005

I'm not sure if this is possible, but what I want to do is record some
of the various music channels/shows, and then go through and set
cut-points for some of the music clips shown, so I can rip them out of
the recording.  I've got a setup going where I can 'remove commercials'
from the recording, where it will stitch all the different music clips
onto each other, one at a time.  Is it possible in any way to transcode
each 'segment' of an editted recording into a seperate file?
I do my transcoding semi-manually for this, via mythtranscode +
transcode.  So what I was thinking of doing was adding an option to
mythtranscode, say --segment 2 or something, which will only honor the
cutlist's second pair of cutlist frames.
Is there already a way of doing what I want?  And if not, is there a
better way of implementing it?