[mythtv-users] DVB Encrypted channels problem

Marco Coli marco.coli at hi-cad.it
Sun Sep 25 16:58:47 UTC 2005

Hi all,

do you know if it's planned to resolve this big issue? Now, for me is
impossible to use Mythv with my Hauppauge DVB-S Card, because now and
then some channels usually in clear are encrypted. If you go on one of
these channels with the frontend, you are lost.

The only possibility you have is to enter into the database and hack a
little to replace the starting channel to a free channels, but this is
frankly not an applicable solution for simple usage. I searched the list
for solutions, but without luck.

I found only this message (I report it down here) that was optimistic on
this issue, but is very old (march 2004), and nothing is happen
meanwhile. Thank you.