[mythtv-users] Cant access dvb card when mythbackend is running.

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sun Sep 25 03:45:56 UTC 2005

David Ellis wrote:

>Change the advanced settings in MythSetup and enable "Open on Demand" (check
>my spelling I haven't set it in a while). As long as you aren't watching the
>tuner (or recording from the tuner) you can use any app you want.
>
>David

Thanks for that, I never noticed that setting.  It works fine.

Two things to note...

1.  It makes it slower to start watching TV, and I presume slower to
start recording a show.  Maybe an extra 3 or 4 seconds on my machine -
not a big problem.
2. I will have to be very careful not to leave another program using it,
or else I'll miss recording shows.  For example Kaffeine, leaves itself
in the system tray when you close it, and it leaves the card open.  It
would be easy to forget to close it...