[mythtv-users] Question on viewing digital signals on non-digital TV

Erik Pettersen pettersen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 02:50:28 UTC 2005

There are ATSC/DTV set top boxes on the market (to service those "HD
Ready" Tv's that don't have a tuner...)

Sidenote: I also hear people are snatching up old VOOM satellite boxes
(since VOOM the service is defunct now, right?) and just using the
ATSC tuner part for a relatively cheap solution... but that's kinda a
tangent...

So, yeah.. hypothetically if you just get an OTA HDTV/ATSC set top box
AND it has svideo output you could hook it up to a normal TV...
although I don't entirely see why you'd want to :)

e.
--
http://www.byopvr.com