[mythtv-users] Seeking Remote Control Advice for PVR-500

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 19:02:18 UTC 2005

Please bear with me as I show my total ignorance regarding universal remote
controls. :)

I am pondering whether or not to slap a PVR-500 into my system (one of my
250s died, so now I'm down to one tuner), So, if I get the PVR-500 and pull
out the 250s, I'm gonna need a remote control.

I currently have a Rosewill wireless (RF) mouse/keyboard on my mythtv box.
Should this be a factor in deciding what remote control to get? That is,
should I go RF on the remote control, or IR? Can a RF remote be programmed
to talk to my existing Rosewill base just as my keyboard does?

Sorry for sounding like a n00b, but I have not been keeping up with remote
control technology. Thus far, I have just survived with the Hauppauge
PVR-250 remote...

Thanks!