[mythtv-users] problem with theme + Torrentocracy

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 15:39:20 UTC 2005

Hello,
I installed torrentocracy on my perfectly working MythTV. I had the DVR
theme by default. However I couldn't see the torrent button and so I thought
of changing the theme to default and see if I got the button there. (I had
edited the "mainmenu.xml" and main_settings.xml of
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/DVR and /usr/share/mththtv/). But it gave a weird
backdrop so I thought I would change it back to DVR. But hey presto! when I
went to Utilities/Setup it told me the first time that main_settings.xml
wasn't properly configured. Then when I clicked OK on it (since there was no
other option) it asked me if I wanted to exit out of the frontend.

Now I decided to change it via PhpMyAdmin, but I changed it under
/settings/themes instead of settings/style. Now I can't remember what was it
under settings/theme. It looks just like MythCenter but the main menu had
Watch Recording, Upcoming, Schedule and Setup on the main page. When I go to
Setup I had TV. ....etc etc on second page whereas on MythCenter I have
Watch TV, Manage Recording etc etc. I can't remember which one I need to put
under Themes (under settings/Themes in PhpMyAdmin) and I can't do anything
under utilities/setup...

Please help. Also, why in the world was I not able to see the torrent button
in the first place? Any help there?

Thanks
Ash.