[mythtv-users] use MythTV as Media Player without tuner-card?

Kai Hörner kai at gummicelle.de
Sat Sep 24 13:18:01 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,

i am new to MythTV and am struggling with the following:

i want to use mythtv as a "media player" (or HTPC) in my living room, but
do not have a digital tuner-card (and dont want to buy one in the near
future). i have a cheap digital receiver, and thats enough for TV (i dont
like TV much)

my problem is:  can i somehow remove the TV-support from MythTV or even
remove the tv related menu entries?
a menu with "music, video, games, .." only would be great, because my X
hangs when i select "TV" on the main screen. (no card configured)

can i use some other software to do the job maybe? (which one?)

please help me ..

regards,

kai