[mythtv-users] DVB setup question

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 00:29:38 UTC 2005

On 23/09/05, Johan Reinalda <johan at global.thunderbird.edu> wrote:
> All,
> I have just added a DVB-S card to my myth system, to replace an external
> satellite receiver pointing to IntelSat-Americas 5.
>
> OS drivers load fine, scan discovered the channels, szap tuning works fine,
> and I can view the FTA (free-to-air) channel with mplayer looking at the TS
> stream on /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
>
> Running mythtvsetup, and configuring it for the DVB card, then in the
> Channel Edit section, I setup a transport for the transponder I want, and do
> a channel scan: this find all the fta channels just fine, and seems to
> populate them into the database.
>
> When I next run myth, I see the new fta channels in the guide, but I cannot
> switch to them in Live TV, or setup recordings.
>
> In the backend log, I see the following error:
>     DVB#0 WARNING - Unsupported fec_inner parameter.
> followed by messages that seem to indicate a transponder lock (ie proper
> tuning):
>     DVB#0 Status: LOCK.
>     DVB#0 Multiplex Locked
>     DVB#0 Successfully tuned to channel 153.
>
> Also, the database tables that seem to relate to dvb
> (dvb_channel,dvb_pids,dvb_sat,dvb_signal_quality) are all emtpy!
>
> What am I missing here? How do I get the tables properly populated? (ie why
> does the channel scan not fill these?)

Since 0.17 these tables are not used any more. The only DVB-related
table is the dtv_multiplex table, which interfaces with the channels
table to tune to channels. I would check the dtv_multiplex table to
make sure that the FEC values agree with your channels.conf file.

> Or does the atrpms version not support DVB ? (I'm running 0.18.1-114,
> x86_64) Ie. should I recompile?

This should have DVB support already (at least the X86_32 version do).

Nick