[mythtv-users] Client no shutdown aviable...

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 22:08:18 UTC 2005

Jochen Kühner wrote:

> On my Client, wich is no Slave Backend, no shutdown is aviable in the
> menu!
>
> Maybe in the Database it is set to a slave backend, where is that
> setting??
>
> What shutdown command is used by the menu? because im not using init,
> i use initng, can it be changed??

Are you referring to the Mythtv menu?  That's an "exit"
Maybe you are referring to the KDE/Gnome/whathaveyou menu?

If you want to shutdown from the terminal, as root you can use:

# halt after shutdown
/sbin/shutdown -h now

#reboot after shutdown
/sbin/shutdown -r now

see man shutdown
you can sub a time for "now". Again, see man shutdown for the options

---
also:
there is:  halt, reboot, poweroff

see man reboot for more info