[mythtv-users] GLX and NVIDIA. Disable GLX to startx

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Sep 23 18:05:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:24:10 -0600, mark wrote:

>On the lastest FC4, when I follow Jerods quide and install nvidia,
>and change the driver from "nv" to "nvidia" I get a glx error.  So I
>comment out glx in the xorg.conf and I can startx.
>
>Is this common?  Do I need GLX?
>
>Any thoughts or experiences?

Check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and make sure that the glx driver is
not being loaded twice, once as "glx" and once as
"lib(something-something).a"...The system barfs on having 2 of them...

Been there.

Geoff
R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638