[mythtv-users] VBI subtitles with ivtv cards?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 14:07:37 UTC 2005

On Thursday 22 September 2005 16:37, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 22 September 2005 04:29 pm, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please 'scuse my ignorance, but while going through the commit
> > history
> > for the week that I was on vacation in August, I saw some changes in
> > SVN related to VBI & subtitles w/ivtv-driven cards.  Does this mean
> > that subtitles are now working/supported for these cards (assuming I
> > have a recent enough version of ivtv)?  If so, is there anything
> > special I need to do besides enable it in the backend setup? (Note:
> > I'm
> > using regular TV-out, not a PVR-350).
>
> Only change was the ioctls enabling them are right now.  Someone still
> needs
> to write a ivtv-format vbi parser.

So does that mean that they'll get embedded in the MPEG file, but Myth
just can't parse them out yet?  And if so, then:

- Are they muxed into the MPEG in a standard way (i.e., could I view
them with another program (mplayer, xine, etc)? )
- I assume they'd be lost if Myth transcoded the file (say, to
Nuppel/MPEG-4)

-JAC