[mythtv-users] frontend /Backend Compatibility

Vincent K. Britton Vincent.Britton at wiznet.com
Thu Sep 22 23:04:55 UTC 2005

Hi all.

I am still running a .16 backend.  I just downloaded knoppmyth and it
isn't working.

I read that knoppmyth was based on version .18 and that got me wondering
if the frontends and backend have to be the same version?

The error I am getting is that the frontend can't see the backend.
Check the IP.  Well the IP works and Myth loads so I assume that it is
connecting to MySQL.  If it isn't version incompatibility, how should I
proceed in troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Vince