[mythtv-users] Myth Box Components

Luke Olson skyjedi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:48:16 UTC 2005

Hey sorry about the crappy formating beofre i hope this one is better
 Hey all, just found this list and i am loving it.
I will be building a Front end box for a friend that knows a moderate
amount about computers, so i want to build a box set it up, and never have
to chage it again. Fat chance i know. Just wanted to run a list of
components by you and hope that everything you see will be good.
I am planning on installing KnoppMyth on it and am also wondering about
install issues i might have
Thanks for all the help in advance.

*Arctic** Cooling Silentium T-1 or T-2*

*http://www.nanosys1.com/cases---enclosures-atx-cases-arctic-cooling.html *

* *

*Tuner Card*

*Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE Dual TV Tuner & FM Radio*

*http://www.nanosys1.com/tv-hp-pvr500mce.html *

* *

*Video Card*

*Geforce Fx 5200*

*http://www.nanosys1.com/vid-ch-fx-5200.html *

* *

*Main Board*

*MSI KT880 Delta-FSR Socket A Mainboard (MS-7047)***

* *

*Athlon 2800+*

*1GB 3200 DDR 400Mhz*

*Hard Drive*

***Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA*

***DVD RW*

*Pioneer Dual Layer DVD+-RW (Black)*

* *

***Sound Card*

*Chaintech AV-710 7.1 Channel PCI Sound Card w/ SPDIF*