[mythtv-users] Does it work like this?

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Thu Sep 22 21:43:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 05:33:04PM -0400, Tommy Denton wrote:
> Is that an add-on or does it come ready on a distro?

The 'normal' setup is to run both mythfrontend and mythbackend on the
same machine.  To view your programs on a separate computer, all you
have to do is install mythtv on it, but run only mythfrontend and
configure it to connect to a remote mythbackend.  (You actually don't
even need to install mythbackend on the viewing-only system, but your
distro may bundle them into a single package so that you get both
even if you don't need them.)

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that