[mythtv-users] Jarod's 27" TV and xorg.conf question

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 18:55:29 UTC 2005

okies.. quick question

on Jarod's site he mentions he has a standard 27" analog TV plugged into
his mx440 nv card

First of all he doesn't specify if it's a widescreen - which mine is

If his is.. and remembering he's in the US and i'm in UK.. in theory I
should be able to just copy his xorg.conf from:

http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/xorg.conf-SVid.txt

and change it to PAL-I..

I tried this and it *hard* locked my machine - had to reboot into rescue
mode from dvd and cp the orignal xorg.conf back over..

Anyone ideas why this might be the case?

Also - does anyone have the same setup? in the UK.. that they could post
the xorg.conf

I'm trying to actually get my TV to display in widescreen and I can't
for the life of me figure out all these modelines etc etc or even if I
need them (jarod's xorg.conf doesn't specify a modeline)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Craig