AW: [mythtv-users] Mounting two hard drives to single mounting point

Jochen Kühner jochen.kuehner at
Thu Sep 22 06:16:56 UTC 2005

You can also use ext2 or 3, they are both resizeable, too.

I use also lvm with 400gb and one 200gb drive, works great.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at] Im Auftrag von Jason McLeod
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. September 2005 20:09
An: Azmat; Discussion about mythtv
Betreff: Re: [mythtv-users] Mounting two hard drives to single mounting

As mentioned by others, using Logical Volume Management is probably
your best bet.  You may also find life easier to use ReiserFS for the
filesystem on your newly created logical volume.  This will allow you
to resize the filesystem in the future, should you add a 3rd drive.

I'm currently running with 4 drives, giving me 450 Gigs of storage,
just a bunch of old drives I had kicking around.

I actually installed the Webmin package, to manage the LVM and set it
up.  Quick and easy.  Make sure if you're going to use ReiserFS, that
you install the Reiser utilities too.

GPG Fingerprint:
anakin at - A6CC 40B4 99A4 1C08 55A7  BCFC ECDF ED68