[mythtv-users] Auto transcode and commercial cutting not happening

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 02:40:38 UTC 2005

On 9/22/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> You are using the wrong command-line arguments. You need to be using
> "-s" and "-c":
>
>         % mythtranscode -c 1025 -s 2005-04-28T19:30:00
>
> Easiest thing to do is to use Myth frontend to Start Transcoding, and
> use "ps" to see what is going on.
>
> --Rob

Thanks Rob, but -c and -s are the flags for transcoding on the fly
aren't they? I have a file that has already been recorded and want to
transcode that. I don't need to tell it a channel or starttime, but
rather an input file. And it fails. (Also, I am doing this all from
the commandline or through mythweb - backend is in a remote location
so I don't watch / transcode through the front end)

Craig

mythtranscode --help gives this information:

# mythtranscode --help
Usage: mythtranscode <--chanid <channelid>>
        <--starttime <starttime>> <--profile <profile>>
        [options]

        --chanid       or -c: Takes a channel id. REQUIRED
        --starttime    or -s: Takes a starttime for the
                recording. REQUIRED
        --infile       or -i: Input file (Alternative to -c and -s)
        --profile      or -p: Takes a profile number of 'autodetect'
                recording profile. REQUIRED
        --honorcutlist or -l: Specifies whether to use the cutlist.
        --allkeys      or -k: Specifies that the output file
                should be made entirely of keyframes.
        --database     or -d: Store status in the db
        --fifodir      or -f: Directory to write fifos to
                If --fifodir is specified, 'audout' and 'vidout'
                will be created in the specified directory
        --fifosync          : Enforce fifo sync
        --buildindex   or -b: Build a new keyframe index
                (use only if audio and video fifos are read independantly)
        --showprogress      : Display status info to the stdout
        --help         or -h: Prints this help statement.