[mythtv-users] program remote's power key to stop mythfrontend?

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 02:03:54 UTC 2005

You can have a shell script that responds to the power key and kills
the frontend:

http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/tips.php

(half way down, about the "wife button")

I used a slightly tweaked out version which will also try to restart
the backend if it's not running, but that isn't as useful as I thought.