[mythtv-users] Auto transcode and commercial cutting not happening

Adam Bodnar ambodnar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 01:52:35 UTC 2005

Transcoding still keeps it in a .nuv file.

.nuv is just a container for the video stream. Just like .avi doesn't
mean it's always a divx. It could be a xvid or 3ivx or I think even an
mpeg 4.

As for commercial cutting, it doesn't delete the commercials from the
video. It just marks the time or frame(can't remember which) the
commercial was detected and depending on your settings Myth may notify
you or auto skip or do nothing.

Now, you can load the commercial skip list into the cut list and then
have something like nuvexport cut the commercials out when the video
is exported out.