[mythtv-users] Information Overlay

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Wed Sep 21 17:48:45 UTC 2005

> Where can I get information on how to create themes?  I'd like to
> make one for personal use  to avoid the overscan (cropped off edges)
> problems I have with my cheapo tv set.  It might also be kinda fun.  :)

I had similar sounding problems, and all I did was modify the xml file -
changing some of the numbers to move the OSD around a little.  I don't
know of any good resources out there for starting from scratch, but poking
through the OSD themes that are already there should give you a good

IIRC, the positioning stuff is 4 numbers, corresponding to x, y, width,
height (?)