[mythtv-users] Restarting failed backend jobs

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Sep 21 01:51:52 UTC 2005

> > I just upgraded my mythbox and reinstalled myth and a bunch of
> > commercial detection jobs failed because I didnt set the path. I fixed
> > the problem and commercial detection now works, but my backend status
> > is still showing all those failed jobs. How do I get my backend to
> > restart those jobs so they complete successfully?

> mythcommflag --force --all
>
> That'll run commercial detection on all programs using the currently set
> detection method.

OR, you can skip the --all and it will only flag shows that haven't
been flagged yet (such as the ones where mythcommflag wasn't found).

OR, just re-queue the failed jobs from the JobQueue status screen.

OR, Queue a new job from the Watch Recordings screen.

These three will all be faster than reflagging all recordings as
indicated above.

If you use the MENU key while highlighting a failed job that appears on
the JobQueue status screen, you can requeue the job.  You can also
schedule commercial flagging and other jobs on the Watch Recordings screen
by using the INFO key to flag an individual recording or tag several
recordings and schedule a job for the whole playlist using the MENU
key.

--
Chris