[mythtv-users] Playback freezes

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Tue Sep 20 23:43:11 UTC 2005

Darren Hart wrote:
> When fast forwarding or rewinding the frontend will just stop
> responding.  I have seen this issue pop up now and then on the list
> (usually with a PVR-350 in the mix) but I still haven't seen any
> solutions.  Anyone have any ideas?

I've posted this question in different ways several times over the last several
months, but not getting any answers - just replies from sympathizers.  Perhaps I
am not providing the correct information?  Are there some logs I should be
posting?  Perhaps some network tests I should run?  I can't imagine this is a
"known bug" as it is so infuriating.  Thoughts?

More info on the problem.  Wether seeking or skipping, the same problem happens,
the frontend just stops accepting input.  Killing the frontend will restart, but
the text is no longer a solid color, but contains the last frame of video
(output on PVR-350), and if I start playing a recording it freezes immediately.
  Skipping commercials freezes in the same way, but nearly everytime, not just
occaisionally like seek and skip.

A related problem is that when I skip forward or back, it usually pauses the
playback, but the state is still in play - so I have to press play twice to get
it to start playing after a skip.

--Darren