[mythtv-users] Re: DVB-S channel scan problem with 18.1, Astra 19.2, skystar2 - SOLVED

Bob Honzik bobiko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:05:05 UTC 2005

Hi John,

On 9/20/05, John Pullan <john.pullan at gmail.com> wrote:

Daft question, but do you have your initial channel to tune to set to
> something appropriate e.g 28106 for "Das Erste" ?

Bingo! This is a goog question! Stupid me...
Actualy I tried to set the initial channel before, but the mythbackend was
running, i.e. the new value was not set/applied after this "change" (and I
didn't notice it). Now I did it again - stopped the mythbackend, changed the
initial channel, started mythbackend, started mythfrontend - and it works!
Finally I will sleep well tonight :o)

Now I can see that it is not so difficult to set the whole system, but there
is a lot of confusing things like empty unused tables (dvb_channel,
dvb_pids), useless debug messages (DVB#0 ERROR - No PIDS set, please correct
your channel setup.) etc., which misguided me to the wrong way. But on the
other hand, it's for free :)

Thanks everybody helping me in this thread!!!
Cheers
Bob