[mythtv-users] ACPI sleep problems

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Sep 20 17:13:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 14:52 -0500, Paul V. Gratz wrote:

> In any event, I'd strongly recommend getting the hibernate script that the
> ACPI team puts out.

Tried it, it still doesn't work on my laptop. Exact same symptoms as
before: it suspends fine, but on awakening, I see a garbled X display
and the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive.

Sounds like this will be like getting MythTV to work: I will have to
learn a whole lot about how this actually works under the surface in
order to make it work on my system.

On the other hand, others have reported that ACPI suspend works fine for
them, so I stand by my original statement: it may or may not work
depending on what hardware and kernel version you have.

--Greg