[mythtv-users] 6200ch 1394 Drivers & such

brett olah rbretto at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 20 15:05:17 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Forde" <ian at duckland.org>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:56 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 6200ch 1394 Drivers & such

> On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 16:46 -0700, brett olah wrote:
> > Hi Group,
> > I've been running several MythTV boxes off Com[unist]cast cable in South
San
> > Jose CA., running as analog (cable directly in to the PC) for a few
years
> > and was extatic when I saw the 1394 channel support for DCT6200, no
longer
> > limmited to 73 Channels.
> >
> > 6200ch compiled fine no problems, I think I'm not a programer, no
error's
> > anyway.
> > I am having an issue getting the channels to change ...
>
> You don't need 6200ch anymore.  Myth has support for internal firewire
> channel-changing for the 6200 boxes.  I was going to point you to the
> official docs, but it turns out that the docs haven't been updated.
>
> On the other hand, looking at the main page http://www.mythtv.org/ one
> can find the following as the featureset in 0.18.1:
>
> "Internal channel-change over firewire support for DCT-6200 series cable
> boxes - no external program required like before."
>
> Sooo...
>
> -I

----
 I saw that but I couldn't find any "how to configure" section in the docs,
nor on the net.
digging around I stumbled across the 6200ch with plenty of documentation,
figured it was worth a try.

I did figure out the file not found issue:
I was missing the /dev/raw1394 node

It turns out my 6200 is brand new (from comcast, just picked it up last
week)  and not supported by the 6200ch in contrib
after hacking it a bit to add my vendor_id & model_id, I think I found::
vendor_id = 0x000011d8
model_id  = 0x00000000
spec_id =  0x0000005e
software version = 0x00000001

If the code in 0.18.1 is the same/similar I'd expect a similar problem?

Thanks
   Brett;]