[mythtv-users] Garbled audio

Stephen Atkins satkins at inetdesign.org
Tue Sep 20 02:36:38 UTC 2005

Hello all.  I had to rebuild my mythtv box this past weekend because of
a HD failure.  Any way I'm running the exact same hardware as before.
What did change is my kernel version.  I was using 2.4.25-gentoo
becasuse it was the only kernel I could find that would allow me to use
my sata drive (some bug in the drive).  I'm now running a
2.6.12-gentoo-r10 kernel (as you can tell its Gentoo same as my last
box).  I've got a PVR250 as video0 and a PVR150MCE as video1.
Everything worked great on the old box no audio problems.  But this time
every 5 to 10 seconds the audio gets garbled then straightens its self
out for 5 or 10 seconds.  If I use mplayer /dev/video0 (or 1) it works
fine.  Once I use myth it will start garbling the audio.  Exit myth and
use mplayer again and the audio is garbled.  I recorded about 15 seconds
of tv and stopped recording right after I got some garbled audio.  I
copied this file to another computer and it plays fine with no garbled
audio.

At this point I'm sure its got something to do with my audio drivers.
I've got a intel8x0 driver (same driver name as the old kernel but this
time compiled with the kernel).  Has anyone else seen or heard of this
problem?

Thanks in advance.
Stephen