[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-150MCE

Curt McNamee curt at pobox.com
Mon Sep 19 21:51:38 UTC 2005

Hello everyone, I have a general question for you.  I have a DVR at home
currently running Windows XP Media Center 2005 with a Hauppauge PVR-150MCE
(dual tuner) TV capture card.  It works alright, but I am thinking of moving
to the Linux/MythTV world, but I can't seem to find out if my capture card
is supported.  Does anyone know off hand if it is?

My current system is a system with the following specs:  P4 1.5Ghz, 512MB,
8x AGP Nvidia GeForce4 MX 64MB, 120GB hard drive, and Hauppauge PVR-150MCE
capture card.  I am assuming if this is powerful enough to work under the
immense overheard of windows, that Linux with it's less overhead would run
even faster, am I right?

Thanks for your help,
Curt