[mythtv-users] Setting up slave backend system

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Sep 19 21:24:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 16:29, Jay Jarvinen wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:26:00 -0400
> "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Maybe what is confusing me is how to get the capture cards on the
> > SBE configured on the MBE.
>
> You don't. The MBE automagically finds available cards on slave
> backend(s), if/when the SBE mythbackend is running.
>
> Like the docs say, don't set up a new videosource (guide data) on the
> slave(s).
>
> Maybe this will help, from my master backend database (which BTW, is
> the only* database):

Well the magic seems to be missing from my configuration.  :)

I checked the tables on the MBE and I can see the existing capture cards
on the MBE but nothing from the SBE.

So do I need to use a goat or a pig for the sacrifice to get this to
work?  :)

Just to summarize:

1. load mythtv-suite on SBE
2. configure ivtv
3. verified that video can be captured on SBE capture cards
4. run mythtvsetup on SBE
5. in mythtvsetup  on SBE execute steps 1, 2  (note if I try step 4 I
don't see any option other than none for the video source)
6. configure mysql on MBE for access by SBE
7. start mythbackend on SBE (confirm in log files that it connects to
MBE)
8. run mythtvsetup on MBE
9. in mythtvsetup on MBE add new capture cards with video sources
10. ???
11. profit!

I get to step 9 but am unable to see the capture cards located on the
SBE.

I know I am missing something in the docs or the magic has gone away
from here.  :)

Thanks for taking the time to help.