[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend on Xbox

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:17:59 UTC 2005

On 19/09/05, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have anyone successfully running mythfrontend on xbox??

Yes. Several of us.

>  I recently installed linux on my xbox.  The distribution was xebian.  Of
> course the next thing I want to do is install mythfrontend.  Simply doing an
> apt-get on the mythfrontend packages results in a nighmarish dependency hell
> issue.  Any easy way around this or tips?  Thanks.

Personally, as I use a hand-built backend, I also hand-compiled the
XBox frontend (With the aid of DistCC to share some of the work and
speed up the compile) from SVN.

This meant (Once I'd sorted the build dependancies) I had a perfectly
working frontend, that does everything I need. With an NFS share from
my combined Frontend/Backend for Videos and Music, it's all good.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston