[mythtv-users] Mass channel deletes

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Sep 19 17:37:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:27:13AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Dave Sherohman wrote:
> >Section 22.9 of the howto states that I now should go into the
> >database directly and run a couple SQL statements to get rid of "the"
> >channel I deleted... but that seems a bit labor-intensive when you're
> >doing more than a couple channels all at once.  Is there a quicker
> >way to do a bulk channel removal?  Would I break my existing
> >recordings or upcoming recording schedule if I just deleted all
> >records from the channel table, then ran mythfilldatabase manually to
> >reconstruct it?
>
> That would work but would leave behind program information that
> might be found in searches so you may want to remove all the
> program information also.

My impression from the howto is that the program information, etc.
would still be deleted as it expires, even though the channels may
have been removed.  ("Old program data will be removed over the
course of a week. However, you may want to immediately delete any
current program listings for the channel that has been removed...")
Is this no longer accurate?

Thanks for the confirmation that my recording schedule would survive
such a housecleaning.  I'd hate to have to go back through the lists
of shows to find all the stuff that looks worthwhile...

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that