[mythtv-users] Cheap/Quiet Drive Idea for Front End Machines

MythTV mythtv at pearsall.us
Mon Sep 19 04:59:12 UTC 2005

I have a Pundit frontend that was running well but the old 10GB HD I pulled
from the "parts closet" was too loud.  I started looking at the new drives,
but it was killing my to buy 120GB+ "whisper" or "Ultra Quiet" drive when
10GB was plenty for a FE-only machine.  Then it occurred to me that laptop
drives are pretty quiet (even old ones) and I have access to some old
laptops that are useless, but I can't bear to throw them out.  Now my Pundit
FE is running much quieter with 4GB laptop hard drive.

Just wanted to pass along the idea.

- Todd