[mythtv-users] Re: Screen Cropping

Reggie Braswell reggman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 16:52:37 UTC 2005

There are adjustments in the mythfrontend setup screen to change the video
offsets in myth. This worked to a certain extent for me. However I never
really got the 350 dialed in to the point that I was truly happy. I did some
googling and found out a great deal about TV overscan. Appears my TV was way
off. I even acquired the technicians manual to throw my TV into service mode
and was able to adjust some of that out, but again was never really happy
with it in the long run. My final solution was to just use the TV out on my
Radeon 9600SE and install the ATI control panel for Linux. The result was
nothing short of spectacular. I am now able to tweak the Radeon into
displaying X perfectly on the TV.