[mythtv-users] mythburn... GUI? Or just web interface?

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Sep 18 10:52:33 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Guardiani" <jesse at wingnet.net>
To: "Mythtv Users" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:03 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] mythburn... GUI? Or just web interface?

> Hello,
>
> On this page, I see mythburn with
> what looks like an on-screen interface:
>   http://mythburn.sourceforge.net/
>
> But when I installed mythburn from
> here:
>   http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=MythTVBurn_Scripts_HowTo
>
> All I got was a mythweb interface.
> Does the latest version of mythburn
> come with a GUI interface? Or do I
> have to use the web interface?
>
> Also, what does the KnoppMyth->"Burn DVD"
> option do in my frontend? It keeps
> complaining that my screen res is too
> low. Can I even change that? I'm running
> a PVR 350...
>

> --
> Jesse Guardiani
> Programmer/Sys Admin
> jesse at wingnet.net

The Mythburn GUI on sourceforge was never finished so when
Martin Bene started working on the scripts again I thought I would
have a look at finishing it. I ended up doing almost a complete
rewrite of the code which also requires a patch to the uitypes.cpp
in the libmyth. See this ticket http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/295 .

I was hoping that the patch would be applied by now to make it
easier for people to try the GUI plugin.

Also Martin mentioned a few weeks ago that he was going to change
the parameters in the mythburn script from the positional ones to
the more usable --parameter=value type which would mean
changing the GUI to support them.

You will just have to be patient :-)

Paul