[mythtv-users] validate my expatiation please

cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com cossaboon.mythtv at mac.com
Sat Sep 17 13:20:42 UTC 2005

All

I have been play Knopix version of MythTV and have a backend/frontend
server up with an old ATI TV Wonder VE. I also have a Frontend
(almost only) for viewing. I have lots of little issues

chronicled at http://www.cossaboon.net

So before I sink much more time into this is the following a reasonable?

(Base)

Build a server with 2 - 4 PVR-250 (or 150 or 500) with DirecTV
Satelite tuners on them.

Have  1 - 3 remote PC with 'front ends' on them using this back end
for LIVE TV (with full EPG) and watching Recorded shows.

Remotes are easily reboot so my children and Wife can use it with no
Linux knowledge.

(Step 2)
Have the ability to share CD Audio and other Video content not
recorded with remote Font End

(Step 3)
Have the ability to record to DVD as a 'DATA Disk' MPEG2 and/or Mpeg4

(Step 4)
Record AC3 Audio with video

I almost have the base working as a 'beta' system, with a few
glitches, but am afraid I will not be able to get to Step 3 (Step 4
is a real science project from what I have been reading and would
require a non-hauppauge card as the do the audio video combining into
the MPEG stream, but a ATI TV Wonder and a sound card with AC3 in?????

Thank you in advance.

From:
     Kevin Cossaboon
     Home MAC Mini Computer