[mythtv-users] Problems with Myth_Music

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:35:35 UTC 2005

On 16/09/05, Javier Perez <pepebuho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> How come I can Rip a CD with Grip but I cannot do it from within MythCD.
> Mythfrontend crashes as soon as I just try to do it. Has this problem been
> solved? It did not look like it
> from googling around.
>
> Also, How can I just play a CD? Thereis the option to play a DVD and play a
> VCD, but not play a CD.
>
> Did I miss something somewhere?

Well I managed to rip my first CD last night so maybe my experience
might help, although I don't yet understand the implications.

The option to rip a CD appears on two different menus on my 0.18.1 setup.

If I remember right you can select Optical Disks on the main menu and
then Rip CD.  If I do this then the CDDB lookup doesn't work and all I
see are the track lengths.  Attempting to rip the CD causes the
frontend to hang, (maybe because there is no title or track names ?)

However, i discovered last night that there is a Rip CD option under
the frontend setup menus as well.  Select Setup from the Main Menu and
then go to mythmusic I think, and there's a rip CD option there too( I
could be wrong about the exact location but it's there somewhere, with
the scan for music option)

Once I select this menu then the  CDDB lookup magically works and I
successfully ripped the CD (once I'd given user mythtv permission to
write to the mythmusic directory).

Hope this helps.