[mythtv-users] Re: One tuner on PVR-500 (was Re: PVR-500 configuration)

Stefan Wrobel swrobel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 05:52:46 UTC 2005

Eolake,
I had the same problem and thought that it was a configuration problem. I
tried and tried and tried to get it to work, but finally I got wise and
fired the card up on a windows box ... the 2nd tuner was dead. I have since
sent it back to Hauppauge and am awaiting a replacement. Hopefully both
tuners on this one will be good. Do both tuners show up on cat /proc/pci?
Both of mine did, but if i did ivtvctl -a -d /dev/video1 I got all sorts of
screwy values for brightness, contrast, etc that clued me in that maybe
something just wasn't working right with the hardware. Best of luck,

Stefan Wrobel