[mythtv-users] Automatic downloading of album art

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 22:47:19 UTC 2005

On 9/15/05, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Pete Clarke wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Does Myth support automatic downloading of album artwork for entries in
> >MythMusic or do I have to provide the artwork seperately?
> >I know that it can/will retrieve track listings etc. for ripped CD's, but
> >does it also grab the cover art?
> >I have looked around but can't find an answer.

I use this perl script and patch to automatically grab the cover art
from amazon.co.uk, post CD rip.

* Install the script somewhere useful e.g.:
  /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythmusic/scripts/amazon.pl

* Apply the patch to mythplugins

* Set your post rip script to the following:
 /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythmusic/scripts/amazon.pl %d "%a" "%t"

The patch will convert the %d, %a and %t to music dir, artist name and
title, then seach amazon.co.uk to find the cover art. Change the perl
script to use an amazon site more relevant to your locale.

Probably worth testing standalone first though, to check it works for you!

Paul