[mythtv-users] Accessing MythWEB from Docomo I-mode

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:46:26 UTC 2005

No worries, it seems to me that themes in mythweb are dual purpose,
one is to change the style of mythweb on a particular platform, and
the other is to provide a theme suitable for different platforms.

In theory it should automatically determine you're calling it from a
cell phone based on the user-agent the phone provides to the
web-server when you connect.  If it isn't doing this currently you
will need to look at the includes/mobile.php file and modify the array
to contain your user-agent string.

For the record, you can determine your user-agent values by stopping
apache, and running netcat on the server you're trying to connect to.
e.g

/etc/init.d/apache2 stop
nc -l -p 80

Then connect to the web-address and you should see a list of HTTP
headers appear in your console.  Within this list there is a
user-agent string, this is your user-agent.

- ciarna

On 15/09/05, David Bennett <davidbennett1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe I am asking the wrong questions, sorry.
>
> I am trying to access my Mythweb from my IMODE enabled cell phone.
> Will mythweb detect the mobile browser automatically? I see you
> mention themes, but I am not sure how to alter the theme on mythweb.
> Is this a manual process or will it redirect it itself?
>
> I am also presuming that if I get the theme up and running properly, I
> should have no trouble viewing it from my cellphone?
>
> Sorry, I don't know enough about mobile browsers to make myself coherent.
> I apologize in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> david

- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants
one, gets one)