[mythtv-users] Better think twice before choosing an FS especially for LVM

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:48:04 UTC 2005

I'm running XFS on LVM without any RAID (because I'm cheap and don't
have identical drives), and I only grow the FS when I need to. Unless
I add a new show, then my recordings don't take up more space, since I
expire old ones.

Also, there's nothing that prevents you from having a drive in an
external enclosure for emergencies. That's what I do... USB ports are
always available. You could even have a bunch of them if you had to.