[mythtv-users] Multiple tuners with different channel capabilities

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Sep 15 19:42:29 UTC 2005

Derek Meek wrote:
> I may get digital cable - and then I'd have three tuners pulling in
> non-digital (a Hauppage PVR-500 and a Kworld VS-TV878RF) pulling normal
> channels off the line before the digital box.  I would then have a
> firewire to the digital box.
>
> My question is if I schedule to record something that is on a channel
> that is only available on the digial tuner will it know enough to only
> try and pull from that tuner and relegate any other simultaneous
> recordings to other tuners where the channel is available?

The scheduler knows how to deal with multiple video sources
on different inputs on the same card or different cards. It
also knows how to deal with the same stations (callsigns) from
different sources. See:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/144240#144240
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/129816#129816
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/57591#57591