[mythtv-users] HDTV MythTV parts list

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 14:43:54 UTC 2005

--- Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Was gonna say... I'm pushing my 1080p LCD via DVI from a 6200, no problems
> whatsoever with either 1080i or 720p playback (and no sw deint filters at
> all, yay!). Sync to VBlank was definitely key here too, forgot to turn that
> on at first and was slightly befuddled for a bit.

Jarod,

You've mentioned a couple of times now you aren't using any sw deint filters.
1080p is a progressive output, though... how are you getting away with this?
How do you avoid the deinterlaced motion nastiness with 480i and 1080i content?
 I'm pushing my 720p DLP and without deint filters motion looks terrible on
interlaced content.  What's your secret? :)

--Jack