[mythtv-users] Playback freezes

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Sep 15 13:13:38 UTC 2005

Darren Hart wrote:
> Also, whenever I fast forward or skip forward the playback will stop.
> The info says play, but it isn't.  I have to press Pause twice to get it
> to start playing again.  While it completely freezes only occaisionally,
> it always enters this weird play/pause state.
>
> --Darren

I have been having this problem off and on also. Playback will stop, it
I don't press any buttons it will eventually timeout and ask to delete
the recording just like it was at the end of the file. I find that if
playback stops and I press either pause or play (save / clear position)
soon enough, playback will start again. It seems like pressing a button
and sending the command to the backend triggers something that wakes the
playback up.

- James