[mythtv-users] Hello, and question about sound

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 05:15:25 UTC 2005

First of all, I'm new here, and would like to say hello.
 The following question is not necessarily specific to Myth, but it affects
Myth, and I'm not really sure which component is causing the trouble.
 I've been running Myth successfully on FC3 for a few months now. I recently
upgraded everything (apt-get dist-upgrade). Since I've done that, I can't
seem to get the line-in on my soundcard to feed through to the digital out.
 I'm using a SB Audigy card that has been working great with Alsa until this
upgrade. I have a PVR350 and have the audio outs looped back to the line in
on the sound card.
 Since the upgrade, Kmix seems to have changed. There are fewer sliders, and
no mute buttons. My guess is that the line-in is muted or something, but I
can't seem to un mute it.
 I've gone through the digital sound setup reccommended in Jarod's guide,
and that worked until now.
 Thinking that maybe it was an issue with Kmix, I tried a few other mixer
apps, and none of them seem to have the mute controls any longer, so maybe
it's an ALSA issue.
 I've read that others seem to have similar setups, does anyone have any
experience with this problem on here?
 Thanks in advance,
 Jeff